So, one of our caretaking staff took out all the computers in science + technology. They’d plugged a toaster oven into the wall socket in their cupboard-thing which had tripped the circuit in the room, which also ran the power for a wiring closet next door. They didn’t hear, or ignored, the UPS’ screaming, trying to keep the networking going. They hadn’t even realised the sockets had tripped.
Was impressed actually, as the UPS’ seemed to keep it going for 45 minutes or so before giving up the ghost. Teachers weren’t too impressed, but they never are.